Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut Off Valve
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Garbage Disposals
- Gas Lines
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Slab Leak
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Lines
Water Treatment Systems
- Commercial Plumbing
Drain and Sewer
Why Is My Washing Machine Leaking?
With mechanical appliances like a washers, a lot can go wrong. However, if there’s one call we see more than others, it is about a leaking machine. There are a few reasons why yours may be leaking, but no matter the reason, it’s important to allow a trained expert, like the ones at Bud Matthews Services, handle the problem:
- If the leak is from the front – location matters when it comes to a leak. Common reasons for a leak to come from the front of your machine are a clogged overflow tube, over–sudsing or consistent overloading.
- If the leak is from the back – there are a few reasons your washing machine can leak from the back. One is that the manufacturer’s drain plug is still in the drain hose. Another common reason are loose connections where the fill hose resides. You can rest assured that our expert will find the cause of your leak and remedy it quickly and correctly.
Factors to Keep in Mind When Choosing a New Washer
Whether you are purchasing a brand new model for the first installation into your home or replacing an outdated one, one thing is certain: you must find a washer that fits the laundry needs of your home. Here are some important factors to keep in mind when choosing a new one for your home:
- Type – models come in two configurations: front loading and top loading. A front loading version has the door on the front of the appliance and a top loader has the door at the top of the appliance. You’ll want to think about which type fits best in your space.
- Capacity – when looking at capacity, you want to think about size: how many loads of wash do you do in a day or week? You want to make sure that yours can handle all the laundry your home generates, so it is important to make sure you choose a capacity that matches your need.
- Basic or high–end capability – if you are looking for a washing machine to get the job done, then you won’t want to look at a machine that will have all the bells and whistles. However, if you are looking for extra functions, you’ll want to look at models that are deemed "high–end."
The experts at Bud Matthews Services can help guide you in a brand new installation/replacement process or make sure your existing washing machine gets back on track with expert repair service.