Have You Scheduled Air Conditioning Maintenance Yet?
The heat of summer is already here in May, with some days climbing into the 90s. Air conditioning systems across the state are already getting to work managing the comfort of homes. Your home is probably one of them.
Now be honest: Did you remember to schedule air conditioning maintenance in April? If you didn’t, don’t worry—you can do it now as well. But don’t hesitate any longer! Your air conditioning system, your budget, and your household will be better off once this essential annual tune-up and inspection is finished.
Call for Professionals
Regular air conditioning maintenance isn’t a DIY job. You can’t follow a printed-up guide from the internet or watch an online video and have any realistic hope of handling the work involved. It’s not only too complicated, but much of it requires special tools that only professionals have access to and know how to use. There are a few basic maintenance tasks you’ll need to handle through the summer on your own, such as changing the air filter every couple months. Otherwise, let the professionals take care of the work.
What You Can Expect from Maintenance
During maintenance, technicians take care of three broad jobs to help your air conditioner work at peak performance:
- Inspect: The technicians examine the components of the air conditioner, the air handler, and the thermostat to see if there are places where repair work may be needed or there are spots that require special attention.
- Check: The technicians run a number of checks on the system to grade its performance. These checks include measuring the pressure of the refrigerant, checking amperage draw of the compressor and condenser motors, and testing the airflow. They’ll be able to tell the general health of the system and if anything needs to be fixed or replaced—including replacing the whole system if necessary.
- Tune-Up: Even if there’s nothing apparently wrong with the AC, the technicians will take care of adjusting and cleaning it to ensure the best possible performance, highest energy efficiency, and fewest potential repair issues. The tune-up includes cleaning coils, tightening electrical connections, and lubricating moving parts.
Once the technicians have finished the full inspection, check, and tune-up, they’ll provide you with any recommendations for repairs or upgrades the system might need for the best performance. With younger ACs, the maintenance work itself is often enough—you’ll be set for another great summer. Older ACs might require some extra work, and the technicians can help you decide if the repairs are a good investment or if it’s time to have an air conditioning replacement.
Schedule Your Maintenance with Our Team
Our maintenance program isn’t only for air conditioning systems. When you sign up for our preventive maintenance agreement, you’ll also invest in a similar service for your home’s heater in the fall. You can trust us to ensure you have the HVAC system you need throughout the year.
Our team handles all home service needs, and that includes great air conditioning service in Durham, NC.
Bud Matthews Services is here for all your home service needs in Durham and the surrounding areas.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.