It’s Spring: Time for Air Conditioning Maintenance
March is a month of notoriously unpredictable weather. (Just look at the huge blizzard that struck the Northeast only last week!) But the turn toward warmer conditions is underway by the end of the month. Spring officially starts, and people begin to make plans for the hotter weather. This is the time of year we recommend you have preventive maintenance for your air conditioning system.
Getting started with preventive maintenance in Durham, NC is simple: sign up for our HVAC maintenance agreement and you’ll receive two inspections and tune-ups a year—starting with spring maintenance for your home’s air conditioning system.
Why AC Maintenance Is an Essential Service
You might think annual maintenance for your air conditioner sounds like a bit much. Is it important to have this done every year? Or is it more a luxury than a necessity?
AC maintenance is a vital service, and it should be done every year. That’s not only our recommendation: the Department of Energy’s ENERGY STAR program also recommends annual pre-season maintenance for an air conditioner. Below are reasons why these regular yearly tune-ups and inspections are essential.
- Extended equipment life – A central air conditioner is a large investment for a home. To receive the best return on investment from your central AC, you want it to last for as many years as possible. But without routine maintenance, your AC will wear down rapidly and may not even make it to half its manufacturer’s estimated service life. Maintenance removes extra strain from the system and keeps it running with minimum stress, and this adds up to many years of service.
- Fewer repairs – No air conditioner is complete repair-proof, but maintenance can bring an AC as close as possible to it! Around 85% of the repairs an air conditioner may require during its life can be prevented thanks to maintenance. That’s why it’s called preventive
- Higher energy efficiency – Over time, the effects aging on an air conditioner will make it work harder to deliver the same cooling results. This means higher energy bills. But you can keep the AC working close to its peak efficiency for many years thanks to the attention of technicians each spring.
- Peace of mind in hot weather – Each summer in Durham puts an immense burden on an air conditioner. The work stress can cause a system to break down during one of the hottest days of the year, stranding a home with no cooling until emergency AC repairs can reach them. Having an air conditioning system professionally maintained before summer starts makes this much less likely to occur, and the peace of mind you’ll enjoy during hot weather makes it all worth it.
Our air conditioner experts are always ready with repairs service any time of the day or night. But we don’t want you to suffer from any inconvenience during the summer if we can help it! That’s why we offer an HVAC maintenance agreement. Sign up and we’ll help keep away repair troubles and give your system a long, efficient life.
Bud Matthews Services is here for all your home service needs in the Durham, NC area.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.