3 Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump for Winter (and Beyond)
Heat pumps have become increasingly popular for home installations. Once they were overly expensive appliances that struggled to provide the level of heating that many homes required during the winter. However, the technology of heat pumps has advanced considerably over the last decade, and now they are not only more affordable, but more effective as wells. Where most heat pumps once encountered difficulty coping with temperatures below freezing, there are now models that can cope with days and nights as cold as –20°F!
3 Heat Pump Advantages to Consider
There are a number of excellent reasons to install a heat pump for your home. Here are three of the best:
- Heating and cooling: By far the greatest benefit of a heat pump is that you receive two comfort systems in one. A heat pump works as both an air conditioner and a heater, and you only need to make one adjustment to the thermostat to change from one mode to another. Heat pumps are as powerful in cooling mode as any designated air conditioner of comparable size.
- Energy efficiency: In heating mode, a heat pump offers exceptional energy efficiency. This is because it does not have to generate heat, but rather transfers existing heat from one place to another. It does this via the reversal of its refrigerant cycle, using this reversed cycle to facilitate the absorption of existing heat in the air outside by the refrigerant, which is then further compressed to boost its thermal energy.
- Safety: We understand that many homeowners don’t want to rely on natural gas power to run a heater because of concerns about toxic gas leaks and combustion hazards. You can still enjoy energy-efficient heating with a heat pump, which not only doesn’t use gas to run, its exterior does even grow hot while its operating.
Bud Matthews Services installs, replaces, repairs, and maintains heat pumps. Call us in Durham, NC today for all of your home service needs.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.