How Professional Maintenance Strengthens Your Heater for Winter
The official start of fall is this week (the 22nd), and that marks the best time to call up our HVAC professionals and arrange for your home’s annual heating system maintenance. We recently wrote a post about why it’s a good idea to schedule this job early, as well as what the benefits it provides. We’d like to go into a bit more depth about those benefits in this post to show you how heating maintenance armors your heater to endure the winter.
What Maintenance Does for a Heater
- Catches early signs of malfunctions: The first job of heating maintenance is to inspect the system and detect places where there are signs of trouble ahead. It’s much like a visit to a doctor. The technicians know what to look for: spots of corrosion, over-strained motors, wiring issues, etc. They can then help you arrange for whatever repairs will fix the trouble, and the heater will start the winter in good shape.
- Lessens stress and wear: After the inspection to find potential malfunctions, the next step in maintenance is to adjust and tune-up the heater. This eliminates much of the wear and tear the unit has suffered over the last year. As a result, the heater will operate at higher energy efficiency, and you won’t be taken by surprise at steeper utility bills.
- Extends the system lifespan: Another benefit of these adjustments and general tune-up is that the heating system will enjoy a longer service life. Keeping up with maintenance year after year is the best way to ensure that you receive a full return on your initial investment in the heating system.
- Keeps it safe: This is most important for natural gas furnaces. Although modern gas furnaces are built with safety in mind, they require annual checks to keep them operating at their safest.
Sign up for preventive maintenance with Bud Matthews Services in Durham, NC today! We’re here for all your home service needs.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.