Our HVAC Maintenance Agreement Is What Your Heater Needs This Fall
Now that it’s officially fall—there’s no arguing it when the calendar says “October”—it’s time to start planning. And we don’t just mean for a Halloween costume or party. This is the time of year to start preparing your home for winter weather, getting everything squared away before the real cold temperatures strike, and they can strike much earlier than we want them to.
There are a number of important steps you can take for your plumbing to prevent dreaded pipe freeze, but in this post we’re going to talk about how to stop you and your family from freezing: arranging for maintenance for your home heating system with our HVAC maintenance agreement.
Yes, heating maintenance is necessary every fall
It’s tempting to skip a year here and there when it comes to maintenance. “How much of a problem can it really be if the furnace misses maintenance this fall?” But don’t let yourself be tricked by this: maintenance for heating systems must be done annually. Here are some problems a heating system might run into without routine professional maintenance:
- Safety issues: Do you use a gas furnace to warm up your house? (Chances are good that you do, considering how common gas furnaces are.) If so, you run a safety risk with it if you don’t have it serviced each fall. During maintenance, our technicians make careful checks of all the parts of the furnace, looking for places where things like cracks along the heat exchanger can create dangers of carbon monoxide leaks or combustion hazards. You want to enjoy winter without concerns for your family’s health.
- Maintain the warranty: The warranty on most heating systems is voided unless the heater receives maintenance once a year. You want to keep this important protection in place.
- Protect energy efficiency: Each year without maintenance can mean a 5% decline in the heating system’s efficiency rating. This means you’ll pay more to run the heater than you should.
- Stop emergency breakdowns: You never want to turn on your heater during a chilly day and discover that it won’t work. But the risk of a complete furnace breakdown is much higher if it hasn’t been tuned-up in the fall. With professional maintenance, you’ll head into the winter with a system that has the best chance of making it through without problems.
- Extend equipment life: It’s expensive to put in a new heating system, and you don’t want to do it earlier than you should. Tune-ups and inspections are designed to help a heating system, no matter the kind, deliver the best return on investment with a lengthy service life.
Our HVAC maintenance is comprehensive
You can depend on our trained HVAC technicians to give your heater, whether a gas furnace, electric furnace, or heat pump, a thorough tune-up and detailed inspection. For natural gas systems, we always perform a carbon monoxide test to help keep the heater running safely. We’ll take care of your furnace in Durham, NC, or whatever type of heating system you have.
Bud Matthews Services Is Here For All Your Home Service Needs!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.