Make Sure You Sign Up for Heating Maintenance before Winter Arrives!
The HVAC system in your home should have regular inspections and tune-ups done twice a year. During the spring, this maintenance will take care of your air conditioner. In the fall, the maintenance will focus on your heating system.
With winter looming on the horizon, now is the time to give our technicians a call and arrange for preventive maintenance service. We’ll send out one of our trained team members to see that your heater is ready for the rigors of the winter.
Here are some of the reasons you never skip annual fall heating maintenance:
- Longer equipment life: If a heater doesn’t receive routine cleanings and adjustments, it will wear down much faster. You can’t expect a heating system to reach its manufacturer’s estimated lifespan unless it has maintenance done every year. In fact, it might not even make it halfway!
- Energy efficient performance: Like any mechanical device, a heater will start to wear down as it runs. If this deterioration is left unchecked, it will cause the system to start consuming more power to operate than it should. For every year that a heater goes without maintenance, it will lose on average 5% of its efficiency—and that will quickly add up to higher bills. But if you continue routine maintenance, you can expect your heater to keep 95% of its efficiency for most of its lifespan.
- Fewer repair needs: The majority of repairs a heating system may need during its lifetime can be prevented thanks to catching the troubles early on during maintenance.
- Prevent emergency breakdowns: This is the best reason to always schedule fall maintenance. A furnace that has its regular tune-ups is much less likely to abruptly breakdown during a cold day, leaving you trapped without heat until repairs can reach you.
Bud Matthews Services in Durham, NC offers excellent maintenance for home heating and air conditioning systems. Call us today to find to schedule your heater’s fall tune-up.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.