4 Signs You May Have a Water Line Problem
The water line: it’s the starting point of your home’s plumbing system. Without it, you wouldn’t have any fresh water coming from the municipal system, and many daily tasks would turn impossible. Fortunately, water lines are built for durability, and most of the time you won’t have to worry about getting fresh water into your home.
But there’s no way that a water line can be completely invulnerable. At some point you may encounter breaks in the line that will put your home’s water supply in jeopardy. If you look for early warning signs that something is wrong with the line, you’ll be able to contact our professional plumbers and have the problem fixed. Below are some signs to watch for:
- Low water pressure: A drop in water pressure at taps and appliances all around the house is often due to trouble in the municipal water supply. But if the problem lingers for a few hours, we recommend you call our plumbers to take a look. This could indicate a major leak along the water line.
- Water discoloration: People usually expect to see rusty tints in their water after a return from a long vacation. If this discoloration starts to appear at other times, it’s often a warning that the water line is corroding or that soil and dirt are entering through breaks.
- Damps areas on the lawn: If you find puddles and other wet spots on your lawn that you can’t account for due to the weather or sprinklers, it could be water escaping below from a broken water line.
- High water bills: If you keep a watch on your utility bills from month to month, a sudden rise in your water usage will stand out. If you cannot account for this water bill spike, the problem might come from the water line. You’ll need plumbers to locate where the water loss is coming from in your house.
You can depend on the professional plumbers Bud Matthews Services in Durham, NC. We’re here for all your home service needs.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.