5 Great Ways to Put Our Plumbers to Work!
We offer a wide range of services to homes in Durham. One of our most extensive services is plumbing. However, when people think of professional plumbers, they usually think of plumbers helping out with an emergency. Clogged drains, overflowing toilets, no water from the faucets, etc. These are all plumbing troubles that we can fix, and you can reach us for emergency services 24/7.
But our plumbers are also here to offer you home improvement and preventive maintenance services. Below are some of the ways you can put our plumbers to work when you don’t have emergency repairs needs:
- Sump pump installation: If you have concerns about flooding in your home (or if it’s happened at some point in the past), you can contact our plumbers to install a sump pump. These devices automatically pump out excess water from basements and crawlspaces, eliminating extensive water damage from flooding of all types.
- Automatic shut-off valve installation: Another great precaution against flooding. We’ll install a valve that will automatically cut off the water main into your home if it detects flooding.
- Gas piping: Plumbers work with more than water pipes. Our plumbers install and repair the pipes that carry natural gas through a home to appliances. If you want to expand how you use natural gas in your home, such as converting your kitchen to use a gas stove and oven, arrange for the new gas piping with us.
- Repiping: This is an important preventive measure for an older home. If you have a plumbing system made from steel pipes, it’s time to upgrade to plastic and copper. Our plumbers are experienced with handling whole-house repiping, as well as more limited repiping.
- New bathroom and kitchen fixtures: If you’re looking to spruce up a tired kitchen or bathroom, let our plumbers put in new sinks, faucets, showers, etc. Whatever you need!
Bud Matthews Services is here for all your home’s plumbing needs in Durham, NC.6
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.