A Look at 5 Common Bathroom Plumbing Problems
The bathroom is the spot in your home with the highest amount of plumbing: pipes, fixtures, appliances. It’s therefore the room where you are most likely to encounter plumbing issues that will need repairs. A few simple ones you can correct yourself, but most will require that you call on professional plumbers, like the ones we have on staff.
5 Common Plumbing Problems in the Bathroom
- Low Water Pressure: Sometimes this means there’s a problem with the aerator in the faucet, or it could be a municipal issue. If you can’t determine the source, you may be dealing with a leak, and you’ll need professional leak detection services to find and fix it.
- Clogged drain: Either in the sink or the in bathroom, this is a major annoyance. The most likely source is hair or soap scum down the drain (which is why we always recommend using drain covers to prevent this). A basic plunger can sometimes solve this, but don’t turn to chemical drain cleaners if the plunger doesn’t work. Let our plumbers find an effective and safe way to clear the clog.
- Clogged toilet: A similar problem, but often more urgent than a drain or shower clog. Again, put a plunger to use. If that doesn’t work, you’re probably dealing with a more serious repair issue down in the plumbing that will need professional plumbers.
- Dripping faucet: This is more than just an annoyance that will keep you up at night. It wastes an immense amount of water over time. If you can’t tighten the faucet to fix the problem, we recommend having a new faucet installed—especially a low-flow faucet model.
- Toilet won’t stop running: This is another major water waste. It might mean the chain is tangled in the tank, but don’t fiddle around too much with the components in the tank. There may be leaking gaskets or other problems.
Bud Matthews Services is here for all your home service needs in Durham, NC. We offer 24/7 emergency service!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.