How Can I Tell I Need Water Leak Detection Services?
Water leaks in homes contribute to an immense waste of water every year. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense program, the annual household leaks in the U.S. add up to 1 trillion gallons each year. That’s equal to the water used in more than 11 million homes. One house alone can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted each year.
And these are only leaks from dripping faucets: these are the many hidden leaks that can be secretly allowing water out of pipes around the plumbing system. In fact, 10% of homes have water leaks that waste 90 gallons or more a day. It’s simple to have visible leaks fixed, but what about those hidden ones? That’s where you need professional water leak detection services in Durham, NC.
But how do I know I need leak detection in the first place?
This is a good question. If you can’t see the leaks, how do you know to call a plumber to look for them?
One answer is that you should have water leak detection done as a preventive service every few years. If you’ve already lived in your house for at least five years, it’s wise to have plumbers make checks for leaks. Considering that 10% of homes currently have these problems, it’s wise to have professionals make certain. If they do find leaks, you’ll be able to have them fixed before they can inflict extensive damage on the house or waste too much water.
But there are also warnings signs to watch for that will tell you there may be water leaking somewhere out of your sight. Here are some of the indications of hidden leaks:
- Increased water usage: We recommend you keep an eye on your water bills each month to see how many gallons you’re using. If it starts to rise without any explanation, you probably have leaks somewhere. A family of four using more than 12,000 per month has significant leaking problems.
- Discoloration on walls or the ceiling: Reddish-brown spots of discoloration appearing on the drywall in your home often indicates leaks are occurring right behind it. Never ignore this discoloration, especially if appearing on the ceiling.
- Warped floorboards: Water starting to leak from under the floor will lead to warping in the floorboards and doors that have a hard time closing.
- Mold and mildew growth: If your home has never experienced issues with mold and mildew before, their sudden growth in spots of the house might mean water leaking out of sight.
If you have doubts about whether there are leaks in your plumbing system, there’s a test you can make. Check on the water meter for your house and write down the reading. Then shut off all water use for a two-hour period. (We recommend a time when no one is home.) Re-check the meter. If the reading has increased, there are leaks somewhere.
You can count on our plumbers when you need the best in leak detection service. We’ll find the problem and have the leaks fixed.
Bud Matthews Services—For All Your Home Service Needs in Durham!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.