Signs Your Toilet Needs Repairs
You certainly don’t need us to tell you how important the toilet is in your household. It’s just about essential a plumbing fixture as there is! (Although you might be surprised to know just how much of your indoor water use is for the toilet: around 40% of the total.) When your toilet has repair issues, it’s vital that you contact only professional plumbers to fix it.
Unfortunately, people often don’t notice or ignore the signs that something is wrong with their toilet’s plumbing. We’ll run down a few warnings that you shouldn’t ignore. Simply give our plumbers a call for bathroom plumbing service; we offer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Suction and gurgling sounds from other bathroom fixtures: When the toilet flushes, are their odd gurgling noises coming from the bathroom sink, or the shower and tub drain? That’s definitely strange… and it’s something that needs to be looked into. The probable reason this is happening is that the drain vents are blocked. Instead of allowing sewer gas to escape through the roof vents, it will force it up through other drains, creating the gurgling noises. You don’t want this to go on, because it will mean fully blocked drains eventually.
- Leaking of any kind: There is no such thing as a “minor” leak when it comes to a toilet! This isn’t just a problem with water waste. It can result in extreme damage to the floor and mold issues. Since there are numerous spots where leaking can occur, you’ll need to have plumbers investigate and find out what to do.
- Weak flushing power: Is the toilet simply having trouble getting the job done, taking multiple flushes? That wastes water, and can mean any number of others things are going wrong, such as low water pressure or clogged up water jets. Or it may simply be a toilet that is too old and needs to be replaced. (It’s always a good idea to go with a low-flow model.)
Bud Matthews Services: For All Your Home Service Needs in Durham, NC!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.