What You Should Look for in a Plumber
We live in the Information Age. When you want to locate a service professional, finding information on one is easy. But there’s often too much information—meaning too many professionals—who pop up when you type a few terms into a search engine. If you’re looking for a plumber in the Durham area, and you type “Durham plumber” into the search engine box, you’ll find plenty of plumbing contractors offering their services. In fact, we imagine that’s how ended up here at our website.
So how do you choose the right plumber out of all your options? Here are some things to look for:
- Licensed: Always look for the plumbing contractor’s state license number on the website. This is the first indication of a professional company that is bonded and insured for your protection. (Our license number is 15764.)
- Emergency service: A plumber that only answers the phones during regular business hours isn’t going to be much help when you have a plumbing emergency in your house like a burst pipe or backed-up toilet. These types of emergencies have a habit of happening at the least convenient times, like late Sunday night. But no time is inconvenient for a plumber who offers 24/7 emergency services!
- Experience and history: Young companies are certainly capable of delivering excellent service. But it’s much easier to trust a plumbing contractor that has at least 10 years of history behind it. This not only means a company with extensive experience at solving problems and handling jobs quickly, it also indicates that the contractor has earned the trust of numerous customers and the community at large. (We’ve been in business for over 30 years!)
Honestly, however, you don’t have to look hard to find these criteria in a plumbing contractor… because you’ve already found one! You can trust to our experienced plumbers for the finest quality service.
Bud Matthews Services offers plumbing in Durham, NC, with emergency 24/7 service available.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.