Why You Should Consider New Gas Line Installation
When people think of plumbing, they usually think of water. But our plumbers work with other types of pipes in homes as aside from the ones found in the freshwater and wastewater system. We also install and repair the pipes that carry natural gas from the municipal supply to various appliances in your home.
The benefits of gas line installation
If you have a natural gas line into your home, you should make as much use of it as possible. How many appliances currently use it? Do you have a gas furnace or boiler, but you’re still using an electric stove or oven in the kitchen? Have you considered switching to a gas-powered clothes drying machine? Expanding the use of your gas to as many appliances as possible is a good idea for a number of reasons:
- Cost – Natural gas is a less expensive energy source than electricity and other heating oils. This is especially true when it comes to heating systems and kitchen equipment. Electrical resistance heaters, stoves, and ovens may be able to get the job done, but natural gas can get the job done for a lot less.
- Convenience – Along with the lower cost, natural gas is just as convenient as using electricity, since it comes right to your house from a municipal source. And it’s much more convenient than using heating oils like propane that must have deliveries scheduled regularly.
- Power – Natural gas-powered heating systems and drying machines are much more effective at doing their jobs than electrical models.
- Domestically produced – The majority of natural gas comes from right in the U.S., which helps reduce dependency on foreign oil.
If you’re thinking that you would like to expand the use of natural gas in your house, remember that this is a job that must remain in the hands of trained and licensed professionals. There is too much at risk for you to turn to amateurs.
For gas line installation, as well as gas line repairs, call Bud Matthews Services in Durham, NC. We’re here for all you home service needs!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.