Fencing Services in Chapel Hill, NC by Bud Matthews Services
We all know the saying that “good fences make good neighbors.” We can’t attest to that, but what our experts can tell you is that the right fence on your property can make a massive difference in both look and function. There are a lot of options available for homeowners to choose a new fence, but not every option is going to be a good fit for your home. This is where our experts come in. We can recommend the right type of fencing and the right kind of fencing material to make your yard the showcase it should be.
Do you already have a fence, but it’s fallen into disrepair? Let us help. We can repair your existing fence or replace sections that are too damaged. We can also replace an entire fence should you need it. Our experts are here to help you with all your fencing needs.
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE INSTALLING A FENCE
Fences can be beautiful additions to your property, but they also serve a purpose, particularly if you have young children and/or pets. Before moving ahead with a fence installation, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why are you installing the fence? – This may seem like a silly question, but you want to have a clear idea of what your fence needs to do. Is it just for aesthetic purposes, or do you want to keep pets or children safe? This will help determine what type of style will work best as well as what kind of material.
- Check your town ordinances – a lot of towns have specific requirements for fencing, and you want to make sure your choice of fence fits with the ordinances.
- Review the different types of materials – fences not only have a lot of style options, but you also have several options for the materials. However, you are going to want to take a look at what the maintenance is on different materials. For instance, wood fences are classic and attractive, but they require a great deal of upkeep. If you aren’t prepared to handle this level of maintenance, you’ll want to look for a material that is more self–contained.
COMMON FENCE REPAIRS
Several issues can develop with your fence that will cause it to be unstable or non–functioning. Here are some of the types of fence repairs we have helped customers:
- Leaning fences – there can be several reasons why a fence leans, and it isn’t always an easy fix. Let our pros determine the problem and repair the issue.
- Gate(s) won’t close – if you have a fence to keep pets or young children safe, you’ll have a hard time doing so with a faulty gate. Let our pros repair your gate for full functionality.
- Rotten posts – all wood posts are much more prone to developing rot than man-made materials. Rotting posts can make your fence unstable. It is best to have them replaced as soon as possible.
Our experts can guide you through the entire fence process, whether you are doing a new installation or repairing a damaged section of fencing – give us a call!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”