Attic Remodeling Services in Chapel Hill, NC
Do you wish your home had more square footage? Sometimes, to find that extra space, all you have to do is look up. Depending on the construction of your home, the attic could be a prime opportunity for expansion. Similar to basement remodeling, the structure is already there—you simply need to extend the electrical and mechanical systems, add insulation, and finish the space.
Are you interested in remodeling your attic? Call Bud Matthews Services at 919-929-0203 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
Ways to Repurpose an Attic
The options are limitless when converting your attic! The team at BMS can help you envision a new use for the space, which may include:
- Extra bedroom: Does your growing family need more room to spread out? An attic bedroom is perfect for kids and teens hoping for their own private space. If your attic has a sloped ceiling, tucking the headboard beneath the lowest spot is a wise use of space.
- Home office: If you work from home, you undoubtedly want a quiet place where you can shut out distractions. The attic is a perfect place to work remotely or run your small business! Adding a window during your attic renovation prevents the space from being too dark.
- Game room: Many homes lack space for ping pong or an air hockey table. A spacious attic is an ideal location to set up a game room the whole family can enjoy.
- Art studio: Whether you specialize in painting, pottery, or another medium, you need peace and quiet to work on your next project. It’s also helpful to have a dedicated place where you can store your art supplies. An attic studio could be the solution.
- Library: Shelves piled high with novels from your favorite author. A cushy sofa in a secluded part of the house. Natural light pouring in through a dormer window. If these descriptions sound like heaven, you can make them a reality. All you need to do is convert the unused attic space into your very own library.
- Guest suite: Do you love hosting guests from out of town? Make their stay more pleasant with a private guest suite in the attic, complete with a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette.
- Bonus room: Your attic remodel doesn’t need to have an explicit purpose. It can serve as a bonus room for whatever you need—a hangout spot for the kids, a place to have movie nights with the family, or a simple reading nook or craft area.
Do any of these ideas appeal to you? Contact the design-build experts at BMS to begin your attic conversion today.
Why Choose BMS for Attic Remodeling Services?
Reclaiming unused attic space is often cost-effective, but it’s not a job just any remodeler can tackle. Oddly shaped and positioned, attics need special attention when being converted into a living space. That’s why you should partner with the knowledgeable team at BMS.
We’ve been designing and renovating homes in Chapel Hill for over 40 years. Plus, we’re not just remodeling experts—we also specialize in HVAC services and plumbing work, rounding out everything you need to complete your attic conversion from start to finish.
Contact Us for an Attic Remodeling Consultation in Chapel Hill, NC
Tapping into unused attic space is the key to expanding your square footage without uprooting your family from the beloved Chapel Hill neighborhood you call home. We can help make it happen, creating a functional, aesthetically pleasing space to improve your family’s quality of life.
Call us at 919-929-0203 or contact us online to consult with our remodeling team today!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.