Fireplace Restoration in Chapel Hill, NC
Few things conquer the chill of a winter’s night in North Carolina better than the warmth and ambiance of a wood-burning fireplace. With the extreme heat and harsh combustion byproducts that it must endure, the condition and performance of a fireplace can degrade over time, reducing your comfort and creating safety issues.
When you need a skilled, experienced team to restore the integrity and performance of your fireplace, turn to our experts at Bud Matthews Services. We have been serving Chapel Hill, Raleigh-Durham, Morrisville, Pittsboro, and the surrounding areas for more than 40 years. From expert fireplace restorations to complete heating, cooling, and plumbing, our team can help with all your home comfort needs, and our services are fully guaranteed.
Do you have a damaged or non-functioning fireplace? Restore it to full working order with fireplace restoration services from our experts at BMS. Call 919-929-0203 today or contact us online to learn more about our fireplace services.
When to Consider Fireplace Restoration
A traditional wood-burning fireplace can add charm and value to any home, but if it is in disrepair, it can impact your comfort, as well as your health and safety. To protect your home and your family, it is important to consider a fireplace restoration in the following cases:
- The fireplace damper is corroded, stuck, or does not open and close properly. An inoperable damper can increase your heating costs and potentially allow combustion gases to enter the room.
- Fireplace bricks are spalling or damaged. When bricks begin to flake, crack, crumble, or fall out, it is an indication that moisture has damaged your fireplace or chimney, leading to possible instability, leaks, or safety issues.
- The mortar is cracked, damaged, or missing. Damaged mortar can allow combustion gases like carbon monoxide to leak into your home, which can affect the structural integrity of your fireplace and chimney.
- The chimney is leaning or damaged. If the chimney crown is damaged, bricks are missing, or the chimney is leaning, it is unsafe to use the fireplace until the chimney is repaired.
- A chimney fire has occurred. If a fire has expanded beyond the firebox and into the chimney, the chimney itself may be damaged, and it will be unsafe to use the fireplace until the problem has been addressed.
Our Fireplace Restorations in Chapel Hill & Durham
Making an older fireplace safe, functional, and efficient takes years of experience and skills that are far beyond the scope of a typical DIY project. At BMS, we offer professional fireplace restorations that can return your fireplace to working order while improving its appearance and adapting it to meet modern safety and efficiency standards. Our experts can:
- Repoint bricks and repair chimneys
- Replace missing or damaged bricks
- Repair and seal damaged mortar joints
- Install or repair chimney liners or refractory materials
- Repair firebox or dampers
- Repair fireplace surrounds, trim, and mantels
A fireplace restoration can not only make your fireplace work properly again, but it can also give your home a whole new look. Our team at BMS can work with you to select the best fireplace surrounds, mantles, trim, and accessories to meet your design preferences, whether you would like to bring it back to its original style or try something new.
Contact us today to request a fireplace restoration estimate in Durham, Wake, or Orange counties.
Call Today for Fireplace Restoration in Chapel Hill, NC
Make sure your fireplace is safe and ready for the winter with our team from Bud Matthews Services. We offer fireplace restorations, home heating services, and more! We offer superior service and workmanship, and we are members of the BBB, the Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce, and the Building Trade Association.
Call 919-929-0203 or contact us online to schedule a fireplace restoration anywhere in the Chapel Hill area!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.