Heating Services in Chapel Hill, NC & surrounding areas!
Some companies only service furnaces and heating systems that they’ve installed themselves. At Bud Matthews Services, however, care for a wide array of furnace makes and models, no matter who originally installed your heating system. We know HVAC systems inside and out and look forward to helping you feel warm and secure again.
Call us today for your professional furnace inspection or repair service.
Signs of Furnace Problems to Watch out For
Gas and electric furnaces are powerful heating systems that are designed to heat quickly, efficiently, and maintain even heating throughout a home. On the off chance that your furnace is not working as well as it should be, keep a look out for the following furnace repair problems:
- Unusually high or rising electric bills each month.
- Loud banging noises coming from your furnace.
- Uneven heating throughout the home.
- Water is leaking around the furnace.
- Heater air smells bad or foul.
- Insufficient heating.
- Or if your furnace is ten or more years old.
Plain and simple, furnace problems are not something you should delay is solving. Small problems could lead to gas leaks, inaccurate thermostats, or total system failure. If you notice any of the signs noted above, the best thing to do is to immediately turn off the furnace and call a HVAC professional.
Contact Bud Matthews Services today for more information about your furnace repair options!
Common Gas & Electric Furnace Repairs
We’ve seen it all and are eager to help. With over 40 years in the home services industry, our experience in repairing heating systems has shown us that there are several common reasons your furnace may benefit from a repair. Some of the top issues we solve are:
- Thermostat malfunction – One of the easiest ways to slash your heating costs is to maintain your thermostat so it can give you accurate and reliable readings.
- Clogged burner nozzle – If your furnace has ignition issues, it could indicate a clogged burner nozzle or faulty ignition.
- Mechanical errors – These can encompass everything from broken fan motors or a drive belts that refuse to run smoothly. These are typically from normal wear and tear over the years.
- Poor air ventilation – When the furnace’s vents are clogged or in poor condition, improving the function of your heating system can be as simple as replacing them. This has the added benefit of improving your indoor air quality.
- Cracked heat exchanger – According to the American Gas Association, any signs of cracks in a heat exchanger or furnace requires the replacement of the unit as you could face dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
- Age-related furnace damages – Older furnaces may only reach 75% of the efficiency level of newer models, and they can easily encounter age-related damage such as leaky ductwork or worn parts. To ensure your furnace lasts as long as it can, consider investing in regular preventive maintenance with our Bud Matthews HVAC Maintenance Agreement.
Bud Matthews Furnace Repair Services
If you have noticed signs of trouble in your electric or gas furnace, give us a call today for a timely furnace inspection! Furnace repairs, when made early, can dramatically improve the efficiency of your furnace.
Are you looking for affordable furnace repair in Chapel Hill, NC, Apex, Carrboro, Cary, Efland, Graham, Hillsborough, Mebane, Moncure, or Pittsboro? Call Bud Matthews today or contact us online to request service!
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”