Zone Control System Services in Chapel Hill, NC by Bud Matthews Services
One of the major faults of the standard central HVAC system is that it is an all-or-nothing proposition. When the air conditioner or heater comes on, the blower fan sends the conditioned air through the ductwork to every vent in the home, even to empty rooms that don’t need temperature adjustment. Closing off registers in these rooms won’t help much, and the AC and heater will end up expending the same amount of energy.
You don’t need to simply accept this situation though. You can install a zone control system. Zone control systems can also be retrofitted to your existing system.
How Zone Air Conditioning and Zone Heating Work
How does a zone control system even operate? The basics involve a series of dampers that are installed into the ductwork of your ventilation system. You’ll determine how many separate zones you want (you can opt for as little as two—one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs—to as many as there are rooms).
The dampers are connected to a dedicated thermostat placed within each zone. The thermostat controls whether the damper is open or closed and if the air is allowed to flow through to the zone. Each local thermostat networks to a central control panel so the homeowner can manipulate all zones at once.
Ways Zone Heating and Cooling Are Beneficial
Here are a few of the advantages of having a zone control system can bring you:
- Energy savings: This is the #1 reason that most people have zone control installed. It allows you to send your conditioned air exactly where you need it, saving money on your energy bills. This is especially helpful if you live in a large house or one that has a guest room that is often untenanted.
- Personalized comfort: Are you tired of people in your household arguing over how to set the temperature? Zone control gives each person control over the temperature in their location through the local thermostats.
- Comfort tailored to each room: There’s no reason that you have to apply the same temperature to each room in your house. Some rooms may need higher temperatures (an infant’s room) and some lower temperatures (the kitchen). Zone control allows you to adjust the temperature to fit a room’s purpose.
Contact Us for Zone Control Services
At Bud Matthews Services, we offer complete services for zone control systems, from new installation and retrofits to repairs. If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a service call, you can call us any time! We are conveniently located in Chapel Hill Nc and serve the surrounding areas. We would love to talk with you about how a zone control system could be right for you.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.