Gas Line Services in Durham & Chapel Hill, NC
Any time you turn your stove, oven, furnace, or possibly even your fireplace on, you’re probably using natural gas. Natural gas appliances are quite popular across the country for several reasons. Natural gas generates quite a bit of heat relative to the amount of fuel consumed and happens to be cheap as well. You can find natural gas lines in most cities, and all you need is a line from your home to the gas main. If you need gas line services of any kind, we can help you.
Bud Matthews Services provides gas line services near Chapel Hill and the surrounding areas.
Signs You Need Gas Line Repair
Almost any time you think you may have a gas line problem, it’s an emergency. “Just a small” gas leak can cause irreparable harm to loved ones and pets. Signs you need gas line repair include:
- Corrosion – Gas appliances with corrosion on the connectors may indicate a problem.
- Dying grass/lawn – If grass is dying without explanation, that could mean a problem with a line running underneath. (It can be gas or sewer; our technicians are trained in both areas.)
- Higher energy bill – Any unexplained surge in your gas bill means you should have your gas lines inspected.
- Hissing – If you hear a hissing noise from one of your appliances, call us immediately.
- Smell – An odor has been added to gas so we can recognize a leak. Some describe it as “rotten eggs.”
When you have HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) or plumbing problems, you can depend on Bud Matthews Services to be there for you today and tomorrow. We have lived and worked in North Carolina for over 30 years as a new-home and renovation contractor you can trust:
- Apex, NC
- Carrboro, NC
- Cary, NC
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Durham, NC
- Efland, NC
- Graham, NC
- Hillsborough, NC
- Mebane, NC
- Moncure, NC
- Pittsboro, NC
Our work and materials are guaranteed. If you have questions about gas line installations and repairs, call 919-929-0203 or contact Bud Matthews Services today.
WHY YOU MIGHT NEED GAS LINE SERVICES
A sizeable chunk of home appliances need natural gas to operate. If you want a gas furnace, the most popular heating system type in the country, you’re going to need access to a natural gas line. Stoves and ovens are also very common consumers of natural gas. Most homes with fireplaces have a natural gas component, as well; it’s considered cleaner and more convenient than burning wood. Considering how many different home systems use natural gas, it makes sense to want a gas line installed in your home. Let us handle your gas line installation for you. We’ll make sure that everything goes safely and correctly.
GAS LINE PROBLEMS YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF
Natural gas has the potential to be quite dangerous under certain circumstances. While the vast majority of homes will never have a serious problem with their natural gas line, it is crucial that you can recognize the signs of a problem in case it does happen. Take a look at some of the symptoms that you need to call for gas line repair:
- Sulfurous Smells: The smell of sulfur, also referred to as “rotten egg” smell, is a sure sign that you have a gas leak. While natural gas is usually odorless, cities mix it with odorous gases to warn homeowners when a leak occurs. If you smell this, turn off your gas and get out of the house immediately. Then, call emergency services for gas line repairs.
- Lightheadedness/Vomiting/Hallucinations/Loss of Consciousness: All of these are symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, which is a byproduct of burning natural gas. Carbon monoxide is normally safely vented and dispersed out of the house by natural gas–burning systems, but in rare cases, it could leak into the home. If you notice any of these symptoms in yourself or others in the home, get out of the house, and call emergency services.
WE INSTALL AND SERVICE GAS LINES IN CHAPEL HILL, NC
Whether you need gas line installation or repair services, Bud Matthews Services is here for you. We offer a full range of gas line services throughout Chapel Hill, NC. With our professionals on the job, you can rest assured that your gas line will be installed and kept in the best possible shape. We’ll make sure that you have safe, convenient access to natural gas for as long as you need. Call us today.
Some of the frequently asked questions about gas line services include:
I’m “total electric” and want to add gas service to my home. Can you do that?
If gas is available in your area, we can hook you up! Call 919-929-0203 or contact Bud Matthews Services to get started.
We have a gas line, but we haven’t been using it. How do I know it’s in good shape?
Let’s inspect it before you turn it on and make sure it’s safe. Call 919-929-0203 or contact Bud Matthews Services.
What appliances can run on gas?
Practically everything can be fueled by natural or propane gas:
- BBQ grills
- Clothes dryers
- Fire pits
- Outdoor lighting
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
Your health and safety is our priority. We recommend all our friends and neighbors (like you) install CO (carbon monoxide) detectors in their homes. If you have questions about gas line installations and repairs, call 919-929-0203 or contact Bud Matthews Services today.
“Many heartfelt thanks to the people I talked with on the phone late this afternoon who were concerned enough to send Pat over to check on our frozen pipes and dripping shower. Pat was so kind and professional and fixed...”
“Bud, I want to send my thanks to your company and especially to Scott. He got into more than he bargained for on our project yesterday. He went out and got different parts and went the extra mile to make...”
“They were professional, honest, and cleaned-up after their work, and even took the shop-vacuum around the living room for good measure (we have a GSD - say no more)! Nice folks.”
“Bud Mathew responded to our call even though it was made during the weekend. Plumber came to the house, identified the problem, gave us a temporary fix and suggested we wait until Monday to fix it. (That saved us some...”
“They replaced a number of parts in my old Maytag dryer. It has been very reliable for 26 years and I want to keep it rather than buy a new one. Works great now!”
“Repair people were punctual and cordial. They troubleshot a problem, trying different approaches when the first try didn't work to clear the line. They explained everything they were doing as they did it while we watched. They were very efficient...”
“We were very happy with the process and outcome. Noah was very responsive. If he couldn't answer his phone when I called, he quickly returned calls. Everyone was very polite and respectful. They did a great job. Noah made good...”
“They fixed my LG Front Load Washing Machine, which was leaking. They also helped me level it properly. They were on time, they provided clear estimates, they were professional, and they clearly explained every step of the process to me...”
We recognize that our services are of a special and often emergency nature, and we remain fully committed to fulfilling the needs of our community even as potential demand for our services may increase with more families either choosing to or being required to remain home for extended periods of time. More importantly, the safety of our employees and customers is always our highest priority, and we recognize that heightened diligence and focus on health and safety is required during these challenging times. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, WHO and local health officials; and we have been proactively and continually implementing measures and developing plans to prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and customers. Including:
- Equipping all technicians with masks, gloves, and disinfectants.
- Social distancing – Avoid handshakes and limit direct contact with customers during their visit.
- Requiring technicians to clean all surfaces with disinfectants before and after performing work.
- Requiring all employees to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, coughing or fever.